In order to abide by the New York City law, building owners must follow these maintenance procedures:
• Routine monitoring of the cooling towers-whomever is checking the towers must have proper knowledge and be qualified to do so
• A compliance inspection once every 3 months while the cooling tower system is operating
• Routine maintenance and replacement if needed
• Cleaning on the cooling tower systems- they must be cleaned during the routine maintenance, but at least twice a year
• Monitoring of the cooling tower systems to ensure the smallest amount of aerosols and mist are formed and released.